Hotel Reservation Management
At Ourisman Travel, we pride ourselves in our unique expertise of 5-star, luxury hotels and resorts. Our unparalleled vendor relationships allow us to offer exceptional value-added amenities and VIP experiences to your hotel stays. For hotel-only bookings that require no additional consultation or travel planning services, we do not charge any booking or planning fees.
However, in the following cases, we do charge fees:
- Last-Minute Bookings: $75 fee per booking for inquiries received within 7-days of travel. If you are traveling within 7 days of travel, we appreciate if you can make your request in our Ready to Book (RTB) or use the Virtuoso Booking Tool.
- Changes and cancelations: We reserve the right to charge a $50 fee per instance in cases of excessive change or cancel requests.
- Non-commissionable rates or out-of-network hotels: In the rare instance that a reservation is non-commissionable or the hotel does not pay commission,we will charge a booking fee equal to 15% of the total room rate, with a minimum $50 fee.
Is your trip a good fit for Hotel Reservation Management?
Hotel Reservation Management is best for trips with a minimum budget of $2,500 for 2 or more hotel nights. This service will benefit our independent travelers most.
Tailored Luxury Consultation
We work with our clients to design fully curated travel itineraries; you can learn more about our Tailored Luxury services here. Our work begins with a complimentary phone call to discuss your travel inquiry; our fee of $250 is a project initiation fee and is charged after our initial phone call once we’ve established a plan for designing your itinerary. This fee covers one destination and one itinerary proposal allowing for 3 rounds of editing. Beyond that, additional fees apply.
Is your trip a good fit for Tailored Luxury?
Tailored Luxury is designed for trips with a minimum budget of $15,000 with travel dates more than 90 days from the initial inquiry.
In some cases, additional fees may apply. These will be discussed during our initial consultation phone call and the itinerary design process. We never charge fees without first discussing them with our clients:
- Last Minute Bookings: Any inquiry received within 90 days of travel will incur a minimum fee of $175 in addition to the usual project initiation fee.
- Net-based Pricing = 15%: Whenever possible, we will request NET prices (i.e. non-commissionable with no mark-ups) from our partners and pass that directly on to our clients for full pricing transparency. Our fee will be charged separately at 15%.
- Destination Proposal Fee: Our Tailored Luxury fee is intended for one destination. If you need to compare multiple destinations, an additional $100 will be charged per new destination.
- Activity Management Fee: Our itinerary proposal includes our recommendations for tours and activities specifically designed for you based on your interests communicated during our initial consulting call. If you require a more detailed menu of activities available within the destination, we can create an activity menu outlining the options available. The fee for this service is $400 per stop/region within the itinerary. We require 45-days notice prior to a trip to produce the menu and 2 weeks prior to the trip to confirm reservations. Outside of that timeline, additional last-minute booking fees may apply.
- Specialty Trips: Fees will be discussed on a case-by-case basis for specialty trips including “around-the-world” itineraries or other, longer trips involving multiple destinations.
Festive Booking Fees
Festive Bookings at luxury resorts typically require searching for available space and managing the resort’s Wait List. In addition, a minimum number of nights is often required (7-10 nights), and there may be requirements that your stay includes both Christmas and New Year’s Eve.
Requests for travel between December 20 and January 4 are considered festive bookings and will incur a project initiation fee:
- For requests received between January 1 and July 1, the fee is $100.
- For requests received after July 1, the fee is $200. If the requested hotels have posted their own festive booking policies, which may include blackout days for check-in/out or minimum stay requirements, an additional $150 will be added to our booking fee to cover the additional time and resources required to navigate the challenges of making a reservation during this season.
Note: Festive fees do not apply to city hotels with normal 1-3 day cancel deadlines and flexible booking policies over the holidays.
Group Booking Fees
Any inquiry requiring 4 or more rooms will incur a $250 project initiation fee. Any trips over 5 rooms will require $50 per room for additional management.
** We reserve the right to change fees on a case-by-case basis