Located at the base of Camelback Mountain, The Phoenician, a Luxury Collection Resort, Scottsdale has three luxury offerings on property: The Phoenician Resort, The Canyon Suites boutique hotel, and The Phoenician Residences. Immerse yourself in the property’s amenities, which include a multi-level pool, spa facility, athletic club, golf course, and restaurants.
The Phoenician Resort
The Phoenician has reimagined itself through recent renovations to all guest rooms (including Canyon Suites), pools, lobby, spa, athletic club, golf course, and more. While this is a large resort with 450+ rooms, each area, including the guest rooms, is spacious and personalized.
Rooms, Suites, and Casitas
The rooms, suites, and casitas at The Phoenician have a contemporary design influenced by the desert surroundings, complete with original signed artwork. All rooms feature a private terrace or balcony, and a bathroom with a separate tub and shower. Located in the heart of Scottsdale with views of the mountain, city, pools, and golf course – there’s no such thing as a bad view here!
Opposite the main building, there are twelve, two-story casitas with 119 rooms and suites. Guests staying in the casitas may call for complimentary transfers to the main building and other resort areas.
The Canyon Suites at The Phoenician
For a more intimate experience, The Canyon Suites, located on the complex, has only 60 rooms — 40 suites and 20 guest rooms. The boutique-style resort offers exclusive access to an infinity pool with cabanas, Canyon Lounge, Canyon Grill, and a shuttle service. The staff-to-guest ratio is better than 2-to-1, perfect for guests looking for personalized concierge service. Canyon Suites guests can also enjoy access to the wealth of Phoenician facilities.
The Phoenician Residences
In high demand, The Phoenician Residences are fit for guests looking to enjoy access to all the facilities from the comfort of their own private residence. The Residences include a full kitchen, rich hardware floors, a fireplace, a private plunge pool, an outdoor summer kitchen with a gas grill, and more. Ranging from 2-3 bedrooms (1,400 to 2,400 square feet) these residences are perfect for large groups and families.
The Phoenician is my top recommendation in Scottsdale for families looking to make the most of their time on property — there is something for every type of traveler:
- The Phoenician Golf Club: The course offers four sets of tees, ranging from 4,575 to 6,518 yards.
- Spa: From massages and facial treatments to a full-service salon, spend the day unwinding at the spa.
- Athletic Club: Complete with a movement studio, game room, tennis, pickle ball, and basketball courts, and more.
- Pools: The multi-tiered Phoenician pools offer a variety of lounging options, an adult-only pool, a kids’ zone with a treehouse, and pool-side dining.
The Phoenician’s culinary team offers eight restaurants ranging from casual dining to intimate steakhouse dinners. The J&G Steakhouse features floor-to-ceiling windows that blend into a scenic outdoor patio. Guests can enjoy classic surf & surf with a view of the desert sunset. Mowry & Cotton is a more casual indoor/outdoor dining option, which offers modern American cuisine and craft cocktails. For brunch-goers, I would recommend their Smoked Brisket Eggs Benedict and the Green Nectar fresh juice.
Plan Your Stay with Ourisman Travel
Book your stay at The Phoenician with Team Ourisman to enjoy value-added STARS amenities:
- Room view upgrade on arrival, subject to availability (not applicable towards Suites)
- Daily A la Carte breakfast, for two guests per bedroom in restaurant or in-room dining (up to $65 credit for 2)
- $100 USD equivalent Food & Beverage credit utilized during stay
- Early check-in/late check-out, subject to availability
- Complimentary Wi-Fi