Did you know that over 2 million travelers each year require emergency medical transport and that the cost of such services can range from $30,000 to $180,000? Your regular health insurance policy may not cover medical transport, and travel insurance typically provides medical evacuation only to the nearest facility equipped to deal with your condition.
Medjet Assist offers the ultimate peace of mind. If you’re hospitalized while traveling over 150 miles from home, you decide if you want to be transported to your home hospital, NOT the doctor on staff where you’ve been admitted. The admitting hospital may be able to provide adequate care and may say there is no reason to move you, but as a Medjet Member, it is your choice.
Medjet provides all-expenses-paid medical transfers, hospital-to-hospital, to the hospital of your choice from anywhere in the world. You are in control.
How is Medjet different?
Not travel insurance, Medjet’s membership programs offer the security of emergency medical transport as well as expert management of crisis situations. Even in the midst of the Covid-19 pandemic, Medjet has stood by its members, returning them safely home again.
Medjet offers two membership options.
Classic Medjet Assist provides medical and transport benefits.
- If you’re hospitalized while traveling over 150 miles from home, you will be provided with all-expenses-paid Air Medical Transport from anywhere in the world.
- There are no medical questions to enroll (under age 75), no medical cost caps, no claim forms, no preexisting conditions or adventure travel exclusions.
- The Medjet team handles the entire medical transfer from start to finish, eliminating the paperwork and delays common with such arrangements.
- If you find yourself in a facility where English is not spoken, access to foreign-language interpretation over the phone is provided.
- If you become ill or injured while traveling, you can be provided with access to a physician by phone.
Medjet Horizon offers an additional layer of protection through its travel security and crisis response services.
- Includes the medical transportation benefits of classic Medjet Assist.
- Enhances your travel security with Crisis Assistance Plus, a travel security and crisis assistance program managed through FocusPoint International. Members are afforded with 24/7 access to travel security experts. You can receive advice and expert assistance in the event of political threats, disappearance, violent crime, blackmail and extortion, wrongful detention, hijacking, kidnap for ransom, natural disaster, or pandemic.
- Ground Ambulance Transfer — if within 150 miles of home, Medjet Horizon membership provides an ambulance transfer to your hospital of choice.
- Specialty Hospital Transfer — if you require care at a specialty hospital more than 150 miles from home, Medjet Horizon membership provides air medical transfer to that facility.
- Emergency medical cash advance up to $60,000 in the event a foreign hospital requires payment-in-full prior to treatment.
Which membership is right for me?
If you frequently travel more than 150 miles from home, Medjet Assist protects you from the unexpected expense of a medical transfer back home. If you need the added security of having security experts on call 24/7 if you encounter political threats, violence, or terrorism while traveling, Medjet Horizon is a compelling option.
Your Benefit as a Client of Ourisman Travel
Ourisman Travel clients have direct access to Medjet through our dedicated page where you can get a quote or purchase your Membership. If you prefer that we contact Medjet on your behalf and enroll you, just email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Medjet is not travel insurance, and it does not cover medical expenses. We always recommend travel protection through companies like Travelex that does offer primary medical expense coverage while traveling.