Four Seasons Naviva Resort in Punta Mita, Mexico is an exquisite blend of nature and luxury. The resort’s design honors Mexican heritage and perfectly complements its natural exterior elements. It is a truly remarkable escape for anyone who desires innovative privacy, serene views of the Pacific Ocean, and extraordinary all-inclusive amenities. Just 15 luxury tents spread across the 48-acre property ensures exclusivity in a calm, meditative hideaway in the Mexican jungle.
The best way to get to Naviva is by flying into Puerto Vallarta (PVR). As one of the busiest airports in Mexico, I recommend upgrading your arrival experience by utilizing our premium Hotel Plus concierge assistance service. We can assist with pre-arranging your roundtrip transfers to the hotel and also add VIP Fast Track to expedite you through customs and immigration. This package also includes:
- Meet and Greet at the gate
- Assistance with luggage collection
- Porter service
- Personal escort to your resort vehicle
- Complimentary roundtrip transfers for two from PVR (exclusively through our Preferred Partner affiliation)
Punta Mita is a private gated resort community located about 45 minutes north of Puerto Vallarta. And, Naviva is a property within the Four Seasons Punta Mita. It is the first Four Seasons all-inclusive tented camp in the Americas and only the second in the world, promising a rare and timeless experience for adults only.
Naviva guests also enjoy full access to the adjacent Four Seasons Resort Punta Mita. However, guests of Four Seasons Punta Mita do not have access to Naviva making it ultra exclusive. With limited guests, the resort’s intimate scale allows for greater personal interactions with a 3:1 employee to guest ratio.
After a few nights at Four Seasons Punta Mita, I could already tell it would be a unique experience when our Naviva guide, Cristian, personally picked us up in a Ford Bronco — not your typical hotel transfer car, but an intriguing and exciting way to begin our stay. In the backseat — a cooler filled with an assortment of refreshments. I helped myself to a Corona for the short 5-minute drive to Naviva.
Here’s the cool thing — what makes this experience even more unique, is Naviva leaning into an authentic, eco-friendly interaction with nature by offering “the real thing” and unapologetically going against the more classic Four Seasons resort model. They offer an all-encompassing approach to pricing to simplify every experience and eliminate distractions:
- Ahead of arrival, each Four Seasons Naviva guest is matched with a personal guide, who creates a customized itinerary for your stay based on your preferences.
- Upon arrival, I was personally greeted by Ronny, the Resort Manager.
- While there’s a tray displaying their signature cocktails, you can have whatever you prefer. Rather than being given an ordinary welcome drink, I was asked my drink of preference.
- The “room keys” are waterproof wristbands you keep on throughout your stay. Gone are the days you lose your room key or have to reactivate plastic.
- Left as a welcome amenity was a kit on the living room table for making my own sophisticated smoked & spicy cocktail. You could even scan a QR code to get exact instructions on the best way to make it – drawing inspiration from the rich history and culture of Mexico.
- Extensive hiking trails – an opportunity to experience unfiltered, tranquil views that invite you to disconnect from the world around you, in the best way possible.
- Mediation and sound healing activity at the yoga pavilion overlooking the ocean at sunset – the perfect way to refresh my mind and body before dinner.
- House of Heat – a traditional temazcal designed specifically for Naviva with ceremonies that explore gratitude, devotion, and rebirth which tested my strength and vulnerability.
- Chef Sofia took us on a behind-the-scenes tour of the kitchen and back of the house which included the fresh vegetables, herbs, and spices that are grown on the property – a true farm-to-table experience.
I was assigned tent number 2, named Mobula, which was a Grand Tent (there are only 5 Grand Tents on property). The Grand Tents are 1,700 sqft and have a two-tier deck, which offers captivating 360 degree views of the jungle and Pacific Ocean. Each tent is exclusively designed to serve as a “refuge” for its guests. With an outdoor shower, private pool, sun deck, multiple lounging areas, for some a fire pit and an indoor free-standing tub with an ocean view, it is a truly over-the-top “refuge” — one that feels both wild and comforting.
An open-air living room and separate bedroom open onto a private plunge pool and expansive outdoor living area, where a hammock, fire pit and outdoor shower are available. Inside, oversized bathrooms have deep soaking tubs and skylit showers. Each room is a quiet and subtle invitation to unwind, relax and recharge. As “disconnecting” is a goal at the resort, private rooms do not offer televisions — although I’ve been told, it can be accommodated.
Off the bedroom is the screened indoor/outdoor living room where I enjoyed my morning coffee which doubled as a creative workspace. You can also open the door between the bedroom and living room for a larger indoor/outdoor living concept. If you’re like most people and don’t enjoy bugs and insects sharing your room, rest assured this is not an issue inside the air-conditioned tents.
Naviva’s main pool area — Selva, has three-tiered pools. Rather than a resort pool on the water, they thoughtfully placed the pool in the middle of the jungle, though there are still Pacific Ocean views to admire. The contrast between the tall trees and ocean-blue water creates a beautiful, relaxing view which is embedded in my mind. However, trust me, the highlight here will be your private pool at your own luxury tent.
To make use of my complimentary spa treatment, I made my way to the Ocaso and Alba air-conditioned “spa pods” which offered another private refuge. The cocoon-like pod included a daybed and barrel hot tub designed to rebalance my mind, body and spirit.
With the simplified experience in mind, each meal at Naviva pays homage to the local cuisine and is prepared fresh daily. Choose to dine at Copal Cocina, the Risco Terrace or on the deck of your private tent. The main “restaurant” — Copal Cocina, is at the heart of the resort and is an open concept kitchen where you can watch everything as it’s prepared. For each meal, a dish is proposed, and I personally loved how pleasant it was not to have to make any decisions and instead let someone else make the hard choices for me. Every meal was as delicious as it was beautifully presented.
So, is Four Seasons Naviva worth the cost?
Entry-level “tents” start at $3,950 – $4,250+ per night for most of the year, with the larger tents costing an extra $1,000 per night. Naviva has a minimum stay of two nights, which means the minimum (pre-tax / fees) cost to enter is around $7,900. Plus, “Stay Longer” and book our Third Night Free offer (mentioned at the end of our blog) and spend more time experiencing this unspoiled nature retreat – it’s on us.
The price includes all meals, snacks and drinks, one 60-minute spa treatment per guest, daily practices and rituals and Unscripted Naviva experiences. As a Preferred Partner guest, you also receive complimentary roundtrip airport transfers for two (USD 330 value), a complimentary upgrade to a Large Tent (STA) and early check-in / late check-out (STA).
Let’s first address the elephant in the tent – the price is steep. And, after experiencing the property first-hand, to my mind, the pricing is quite appropriate.
- Your stay includes all meals, snacks and drinks – including many premium wines and spirits – all day long. The rate also includes daily community activities, mind and body practices and one complimentary spa treatment per person, per stay. Similarly, at the end of the day, it’s quite possible to spend a similar figure for a premium suite at a standard resort after tallying up all the food, drinks, activities and spa treatments that are a la carte.
- If you’re looking for the ultimate luxury tented camping experience with close proximity to the United States or you want a weekend escape to nature with all the luxuries a Four Seasons offers, Naviva is a practical option.
- No one else is currently offering what the Four Seasons has created specifically for Naviva, making it extremely exclusive and rare, which comes at a higher cost.
Not only do I recommend Naviva for the seasoned luxury traveler, but I also recommend Naviva for those that have experienced Four Seasons Punta Mita previously. If you are considering a return trip to the Four Seasons, and you have an adults-only opportunity for at least a portion of your trip, I suggest spending a few nights at Four Seasons Punta Mita and ending your stay at the Four Seasons Naviva so you can enjoy and experience the exquisite features of both resorts.
Cost aside, is this property for everyone? Definitely not. This property is for those that appreciate an intimate, quiet, personalized experience and prefer to feel like a guest on a private estate, on an exceptional intimate getaway, on the Pacific Ocean.
Leisure travel aside, this resort is also the perfect option for corporate or high-end executive retreats and small weddings or milestone buyouts.
All to say, value has always been highly subjective to the individual. If you feel what this property has to offer appeals to your own travel desires and fits your budget, it goes without saying that Four Seasons Naviva is a terrific option.
Four Seasons Preferred Partner can generally be combined with any rates you’ll find directly with Four Seasons. The upgrades through Preferred Partner are also prioritized over upgrades through other programs, so you’ll want to use Preferred Partner over a program like Virtuoso or Amex Fine Hotels & Resorts. As a Preferred Partner agency, we can make Preferred Partner bookings on your behalf. As a Top 30 advisor globally for Four Seasons, we know that our clients are in the best hands wherever they stay.
For this specific Naviva property, the Preferred Partner amenities are a bit limited since the property is all-inclusive. However, as a client of Ourisman Travel, you can enjoy VIP status and these premium value-added amenities exclusively through our Preferred Partner affiliation:
- Complimentary roundtrip airport transfers for two guests from Puerto Vallarta Airport (USD 330 value)
- First priority for the best luxury tent inventory and complimentary upgrade to a Large Tent (STA)
- First priority for early check-in / late check-out (STA)
At Naviva, every detail honors our human desire to connect with nature. The spontaneous activities, world-class farm-to-table meals, artisan interior design, and 30-guest capacity limit work in harmony to create a truly revolutionary luxury getaway. With limited guests, I had an incredible, personalized private getaway. And, for a place like this, I loved having it nearly to ourselves.
Preferred Partner – Stay Longer – Third Night Free: Book this offer to receive a complimentary third night, all food and beverages, one spa treatment per person, Unscripted Naviva experiences and more.
Valid between May 10, 2023 – Dec 16, 2024. Offers are subject to availability at time of booking. Blackout dates and other restrictions may apply.
I suggest being among the first to experience the all-inclusive stay before there’s a waitlist and premium rates. For more information on Four Seasons Naviva and Preferred Partner bookings, reach out to our team at firstname.lastname@example.org or submit a Travel Request Form.